Last week was so great when we got to do a google hangout with Kathy Cassidy. In the past, when we used various textbooks, they were only textbooks. We read them, we write reflections about them, and we carry them from class to class. Then in this class, we have the opportunity to actually chat with the author that we have been doing so much reading about. It was interesting to follow up with her and ask questions about things that we have come across in our reading and the course. It is also interesting to hear a different perspective on any given topic.
Equally as exciting was the mystery Skype. These sorts of situations must be great for kids for so many reasons. The questioning of location was great all by itself. I have encountered so many children who have trouble with geography and finding locations. This sort of Skype connection makes it more real and important. I found myself thinking about kids as we were participating in the mystery Skype. If I were a student participating in this, I would find it more useful and I would remember it better if I talked to somebody like this on the computer.

No comments:
Post a Comment