Snow day video
I am imagining that I can get students involved in fun activities such as this. After all, we would all be starting as beginners. Rather than sitting with a book and responding to questions, students will likely prefer to create digital stories and be active on the computer. In my own classroom, I think it will be tough to get the digital story making programs available to be able to create digital stories on the computers that I have available. But I am motivated by the fact that when I have shown different examples of projects to students, they are very excited to try it out themselves. So I am determined to get it all set up and give it a try! Technology can be tricky when it is not readily available to use but do not give up on trying something new.
I am excited to view your digital story. And I totally agree that the children will love to create their own stories and work on the computers themselves. I can't wait to see what you do with them. What program did you end up using? I give you credit for trying something that might not be at your disposal, but you are still determined to make it work for your students. That's commitment to teaching!
ReplyDeleteHope everything works out Melissa. Thanks for posting the link to the snow day video. It reminds me how using popular songs can help kids with making there own words with a similar beat to follow.
ReplyDelete