Upon looking at other blogs from Blogs and Blogging, I found a great idea for anybody to use in a blog of their own. In my school, the first graders are learning about caterpillars and their metamorphosis into butterflies. I could create a whole setup that included pictures and observations from our caterpillars. It could be almost set up as a journal. This could be great for many different grade levels and could be adjusted based on the students ages. Check out how it is set up on the blog that I read:
Butterfly metamorphosis blog
I really enjoyed looking through the blog that you hyperlinked in your post. I think it would be really powerful for the teacher to take those gorgeous photographs and create an Animoto presentation to embed on her blog. I love your idea of setting up a blog so it mimics a science journal.
ReplyDeleteI am going to use Edmodo for my fourth graders to react to the Nutmeg book nominees. I am really excited to see how they do with this project. I will share with you what worked well and what didn't because it might help you plan the caterpillar/butterfly blog if you decide to create one. The possibilities are endless! :)
I also enjoyed looking at the hyperlink you set up on your post. What an awesome idea to create an Animoto or Science journal tracking the metamorphosis of a butterfly. Our Kindergarten class does this every year, except without the Animoto. I have watched a butterfly actually hatch and it was amazing. If I took pictures I would have been able to watch it over and over again! Oh the things we can do!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe blog you linked to is an excellent example of how a teacher can personalize a Blogger blog for the audience. The blog uses a template for which the background can be changed and the banner heading was personalized. Numerous sites have templates to use with Blogger to give them the look and feel a teacher wants to achieve. Although the teacher went to one of these sites, she did not indicate where she got her template to insert into her Blogger blog.
ReplyDelete